… “Helping Women and Girls Realize Their Potential”
AAUW Doylestown Branch was organized in 1958. Our charter was granted on May 20, 1958 with a membership of sixteen. Branch membership has now grown to 100+ members.
This branch of AAUW has long tradition of attempting to solve educational issues for women and girls. For example, in the early 1970′s it was a group of Doylestown Branch members who founded ‘Aid for Girls’, the organization that later became ‘Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Bucks County’.
FULFILLING OUR MISSION
AAUW Doylestown branch contributes to the community:
- By awarding an Annual scholarship granted to a graduating girl from Central Bucks East, South or West.
- By awarding an Annual Scholarship granted to a young woman graduating from Bucks County Community College and continuing her studies.
- As a supporting member of the Bucks County Women’s Advocacy Coalition
- By conributing to AAUW Action Funds
- By partnering with Delaware Valley College as part of the AAUW Colleges/Universities Program effective April 2014
Branch meetings are usually held on the first Wednesday evening of each month at Wesley Enhanced Living (formerly Heritage Towers), Veteran’s Lane, Doylestown. Meetings begin with a half-hour informal social gathering at 7 p.m. and conclude at 9 p.m.
AAUW Doylestown Branch Meeting Notepad
Shape the Future – The September Tea
Mark your calendar! The Shape the Future September Tea will be held on September 14, 2014 at Byers Choice on County Line Road in Chalfont, PA. The event will be from 2 to 4 PM, but because there is a gift shop at Byers Choice you may wish to come early and browse. There is ample parking with sufficient handicap spaces. The circular drive is convenient for dropping your guests at the door.
The Membership Committee will be meeting in August to finalize the refreshment venue and extending invitation to the more than twenty women who have expressed an interest in joining our Doylestown Branch. Since this is officially the first general meeting we encourage all our members to attend.